Listen women are tired of seeing men not taking better care of their skin. Men are working out, eating good, dressing good, making sure their hair is cut, but still walking around with clogged pores.
Skincare is important for everyone not just women. Granted men don’t need to do all the extra shit we do, (we wear makeup and also like to self pamper). But, it’s still important that men do something. After my little rant and polls I did on social media, trying to understand the reason why men weren’t taking better care of their skin. With the feedback that I received, I put together this basic skincare routine, with products for each skin type, to help those that don’t know where to start.
First things first, it’s important that you find out what skin type you have, so you can use products that are created to address your personal skincare needs. Information on different skin types here..
CLEANSER: First step in any routine, it removes any impurities such as sweat and dirt from the skin without stripping face of it’s natural oils. YOU SHOULDN’T USE THE SOAP THAT YOU USE ON YOUR BODY, your body and face have completely different needs.
- COSRX Low- pH Good Morning Cleanser- sensitive and dry skin.
- NEOGEN Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser – combination, oily, and normal skin.
EXFOLIATOR: Helps clean pores and slough off dead skin cells, for brighter and smoother skin. Exfoliation also helps your skincare products absorb and work better for you. 2-3 times each week.
TONER: Essential to balancing your skin’s moisture and pH levels and to remove anything left behind that your cleanser didn’t catch. Often underrated but always beneficial, also helps to prep your skin.
- KLAIRS Supple Preparation Facial Toner- all skin types
- Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera- all skin types
- COSRX Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner- all skin types
MOISTURIZER: Helps seal in all the other products you put on and make sure your skin stays hydrated.
- COSRX Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream- dry skin.
- KLAIRS Rich Moist Soothing Cream- normal and sensitive
- COSRX Oil Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion- oily
***SPF: I feel like it’s a crucial step in anyone’s daytime skin care routine, some think its only necessary during the summer. But hey 🤷🏾♀️I still included it, and here’s why.UV rays stimulate melanocytes which produce pigment, causing the acne scars to darken, it’s also the number one cause of premature aging.
- Cosrx SPF 50 Aloe Soothing Sun Cream- all skin types
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Clear Skin, Dry Touch Face Sunscreen- all skin types
“Rome wasn’t built in a day,” with that being said great, lasting results won’t happen overnight. Patience is key when it comes to skincare. This definitely a lifestyle commitment. Consistently doing this routine twice a day, you will start to see a huge difference in your overall appearance. Don’t forget who put you on when you out there flourishing.
BIG REMINDER: EVERYONE’S SKIN IS DIFFERENT. SO WHAT MAY WORK FOR DENZEL, MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR JOHNNY.